Re: Sound Requirements

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sound Requirements
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:02:12 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>

> Since most autocrosses require all cars to have noise levels of roughly
> "street legal" levels, I think you are beyond the pale.  Club-racing
limits
> are considerably higher than "street legal", and many tracks are at 101, I
> think.

I don't know that this is universal.  Practical experience suggests it's
not -- I've spent too many sessions as starter or on the grid with my
fingers in my ears.

I'd also bet that the definintion of "street legal" changes from state to
state -- or even from town to town.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing