Miata Torsen Questions

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata Torsen Questions
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:28:54 -0400
The Mazda Comp catalog says that the '97 Miata Torsen LSD has a higher bias
ratio than the '94-96 Torsen.  Does higher bias ratio mean that it transfers
a higher percentage of the torque to the wheel with the most traction?  If
so, I assume this is a good thing, yes?  (As a bonus, the '97 Torsen costs
less, although it still isn't exactly cheap.)

It is my understanding that either one of these Miata Torsens will bolt into
the rear diff of my '87 RX7 (non-turbo).  If anyone knows of a good used one
for $300 or less, please let me know.

Brad Burns
james.b.burns@jhuapl.edu
'91 MR2T, A-stock