More K tire stuff

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: More K tire stuff
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@comm.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:22:14 -0500
Paul Foster wrote:

>You can try to correct me all you like, but they were _designed_ to be
>directional - hence the L and R on each and every tire.

Ill have to disagree on this one. The construction of the V700 hasnt
changedsince 1995 when I started running them. Back then, there were no
L or R designations on the tires(the Larry Kraus days). Sometime in 1997
(before most people saw the K-light) they went to a slightly softer
compound, same construction, same tread pattern, and inserted the L and
R designations just to make sure road racers who were going 130 mph down
a straight didnt have any problems with tire carcasses coming apart.
BTW, in almost 4 years I have never heard of a K-tire failing because of
a carcass seam coming apart.

Alex Tziortzis
1998 Z28 1LE
Fstock