Re: Street Tire Handicap

To: <RacerRay52@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Street Tire Handicap
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:35:30 -0700
Gonna have to use more critical thinking, guys, when considering others'
ideas.  "Critical thinking", as in "look beneath the surface".

As I understand Ray's original thought, if I may "reflect" what I think he
said but in just a few words:  "is there a way for those driving on street
tires to compete for trophies when their cars are prepped to SP rules?".  If
I'm wrong, Ray, correct me, please!

There's nothing in that concept that says that someone with low driving
skills wants a better deal, or a cheaper deal, or a competitive advantage,
or anything else one might want to read into it.

I know I've looked at the street tire classes, both national and local, and
either some of my SP-legal mods lock me out, or my turbo locks me out.  Am I
going to change cars?  Nope.

When someone posts an idea, meritorious or not, consider this analogy,
please.  When I ask my teenage children if they've seen one of my tools,
they say, "Nope".  When I ask my adult wife if she's seen one of my tools,
she says, "No, but have you thought of looking (insert most likely place she
can think of)?"

Guess which one is more helpful, adult, and mature?  So when we say, "I see
where you're trying to go with this, but think you're off track, how about
this approach", *that's* helpful.

Old saying:  "lead, follow, or get the h*** out of the way!"

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, California, USA

86 Mustang SVO-1C:  ESP-->FSP
Team SVO -- "Bred to race, not for show"
SVO Club of America Member