Re: GEEZ software and G-cube

Subject: Re: GEEZ software and G-cube
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 21:56:16 -0500
> To all,
>
> I was reading an advertisement for this GEEZ thingy. The ad was very
> convincing that I needed this to smooth out my AutoX driving "technique".
> Very Cool PC graphical display of the vehicle path with lateral and
> centerline accelerations. And with a relatively fast CPU you can do replays
> according to the ad.
> At $395 for the "full boat" it sounds very enticing.
>
> Is there any experience with this equipment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Hogan

Joe,

I recently bought the Geez Racer's Bundle.  Although I've only had a
chance to use it once, I think it's a fabulous product!  Reviewing my
run immediately told me what I was doing wrong in general and
what I was doing wrong specifically.  I've only been autocrossing
for 1 year and Geez showed me that I wasn't holding max Gs through
turns and I was not being smooth with my feet - typical neophyte
behaviors.

I talked with Byron on the phone and at the Texas National Tour for
quite a while and the advice he gave me combined with the Geez
tools should help me improve.  I'm an analytical person and the
hard data that the package provides is just the type of information
I'm looking for.

One thing I suggest if you do get the Racer's Bundle is to get a hold
of the series of articles Byron did for North American Pylon.  Maybe
Byron can post those articles on his web site (you listening, Byron???
;-).

John "No, not that one" Engstrom
Acinonyx jubatus Racing