Heel & Toe & RWD!

Subject: Heel & Toe & RWD!
From: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 07:33:21 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, whitney wrote:

> There are drivers out there that can left foot brake, and clutchless
> downshift to first, matching revs all the way.

I can downshift without the  clutch into anyting but first, it seems.
Maybe I just need more stick time, but so far I haven't been able to
smoothly get it into first without the clutch.  Since I rarely get out of
second on a typical local autox course, this presents a little bit of an
inconvenience!  Maybe I just need more tranny abuse -- er, practice.

Dale
---
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov