Re: Fw: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open Cars

To: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open Cars
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:44:58 -0600
Jamie Sculerati wrote:

> This is cute, but I regarded the question as legitimate -- I haven't found
> an official definition of "closed car" in the rulebook or anywhere else.
> While common sense suggests to me that a removeable top doesn't fit that
> definition, I've also found that common sense doesn't always apply to the
> book.

Oh gee, it's here in the book somewhere... I just saw it today as a
matter of fact. Now let's see... where is it... Aha! Here it is.

SIIR 12.6 (Automotive definitions: page 86, '99 rule book)

A.
        An open car is a convertible (with or without a full windshield), a
targa-top-type car with less than a full windshield, or a T-top-type car
with less than a full windshield.

B.
        A closed car is one with a full roof, a targa-top-type car with a full
windshield, or a T-top-type car with a full windshield.

How's that? :-) No, I don't sleep with the book, I'm reviewing for a
Safety Steward Seminar I'm conduction this weekend, so I happeded to
come across it.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/