Re: Caster vs Camber in Miatas etc ?

To: Tim Reinhardt <reinhardt@ames.net>, "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Caster vs Camber in Miatas etc ?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:02:58 -0700 (PDT)
There is a good discussion on caster at
<http://www.ground-control.com/> under "Tech Talk".
The Miata's SAI is so high already that the additional
negative camber gained in a turn is negligible, so
discount that argument when discussing the topic.

Personally I have always traded off caster since I
cannot get enough negative camber on the front of my
Miata (-1.2).  For a car without power steering more
caster might be more important.

hth,
Craig Blome
who can prepare a Tour trophy winning Miata, even if
he can't drive it...