Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:16:18 -0500
>>> Good enough for CP, good enough for ESP
>
>> Wait, I thought all SP classes still had to run on DOT approved
>> tires like the Stock classes.  Did something change?
>
>*sigh*
>
>"If it (running slicks) is good enough for the guys in CP, then surely
it's good
>enough on a qualitative basis to allow slicks in ESP, where the cars
are very
>similar"
>
>Is that more clear?
==========================
Umm, yeah, that's better.  Hulk brain hurt when Hulk think.

>> Although driving to and from the event on your race tires in any >
kind of
>moist conditions would suddenly be more work than the
>> autox course.  ;^)
>
>Driving to/from events on race rubber is not something that should be
>encouraged, especially in the wet.
============================
Some people who have short drives to the event prefer to change their
tires at home at their leisure so they do drive to and from the events
on their (usually DOT) race rubber.

>[The .sig just slightly shorter than War and Peace snipped]
>
>Eric, have you noticed that your .sig is longer than most of your
posts? Does
>this strike you as odd at all?
>
>DG
Umm, nope.  It's me that's odd, not the sig line.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
<snipped for our short attention span readers>

Got Ritalin?