was: new Poll, now: right springs?

To: <neon@iastate.edu>
Subject: was: new Poll, now: right springs?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:49:09 -0500
><I would suggest allowing only 2-3 main choices on the "primary
purposes"
>survey.  If too many people make too many choices the survey would get
>too much info and loose some of it's statistical validity.
>
>I agree with your idea however, I must point out that the survey
already
>has 0 statistical validity.  the results of the poll are interesting,
but
>they do not tell us anything except the obvious.  They tell us the
answers
>to the questions asked for the people who chose to respond.  No
inferences
>can be made about neon owners in general, or even enthusiasts in
general.

I thought that a survey about peoples primary "purpose" for their cars
might prove to be an interesting poll though.

AUTOX LIST:  I was actually able to get my R/T up onto three wheels many
times this past weekend during a McKamey Phase autocross school.  One of
my instructors, Brian Priebe, said that my suspension springs felt weak
and my steering wheel didn't feel like the 16:1 rack that R/Ts and ACRs
are supposed to come with.  Any idea how to verify whether or not I have
the 16:1 ratio steering rack?  How about the coil springs?  How can I
verify that they are the correct ones?

I think (I know, it's a dangerous thing) that I remember reading that
the Neon springs are not identical for each front end strut.  (Or even
the rears for that matter.)  Something about DC using slightly different
spring heights to "corner weight"(?) the different Neons equipped with
varying amounts of heavy optional equipment that would require different
spring heights to keep the car level at each corner.

Can I (stock class) legally replace the coil springs with factory
springs with the same 150/front and 120/rear pound per inch rates?

Thanks in advance.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight.
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off of it.
Ah, you reach down, between my legs,
ease the seat back.
She's blinding, I'm flying,
Right behind the rear-view mirror now.
Got the feeling, power steering,
Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now!"
"Panama" by Van Halen