ES Celica question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ES Celica question
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:10:26 -0400 (EDT)
I'm starting to think about getting another daily driver/autox car to
replace our 87 Prelude and I'd like to a get a car that would be PAX
competitive, practical (about 30mpg highway) and reliable (like
Honda/Toyota/Nissan). A 94+ Celica GT looks like a good bet but I'm not
sure why the Celica seems to outperform the 94+ Acura Integra LS in ES
when the Acura is lighter and more powerful.  Is there a big wheel
difference or suspension difference?  Are there other cars that I should
consider for relatively short money (like $10K or less)?

What makes the Celica GT such a good ES car?  Are there certain model
years/option packages that are must have (sport package, coupe vs.
liftback, etc...)?  Lastly, any chance this car is going to get bumped to
a faster class like DS or GS the way the ST model got bumped?

Thanks,

Rich Johnston
95 Z28 ESP
98 Prelude SH