Re: 240SX questions

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, <MBStevens1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 240SX questions
From: "Jeff Cawthorne" <zo7vette@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:11:17 -0700
Quite incorrect, the SE didn't automatically come with the sport suspension.
You do have to get the SE/LE to get the sport suspension.  The LSD came when
you got ABS, the Sport suspension was part of the HICAS, rear steer.  You
could also get these things on the LE model which came with the sunroof and
leather interior.  The big question is whether or not the rear steer is
worth its weight in order to get the sport suspension.  I have been told the
sport suspension is about 15-20% stiffer with bigger sway bars and stiffer
springs.  From what I have found, if it has the Hicas then it has ABS, they
usually came together, but I am not positive.  The 240 owners that I talked
to said that to get the LSD and ABS you had to get the Hicas, eventhough it
shows them as separate order items.

Kevin, if you want a couple of articles I could fax them to you.  They are
from 91-92 when the new motor was put in them.  I looked at getting a 240
for DS just a few months ago.  I would do really well with one on our large
lots, but the Neons would kick a 240's butt anywhere else.  If they move the
car to ES, then I might be very tempted to get a 240.

Let me know if you have a fax machine and I will fax the articles that I
have.

Jeff Cawthorne
San Diego
92 Corvette SS