Re: M Roadster and M Coupe in SS

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M Roadster and M Coupe in SS
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:42:11 -0400
>The rear suspension in the M cars makes the rear end twichy.  Maybe
>set-up can help this, but it will not completely take it away.  At least
>in an Rx-7 you know when the rear is going to step out.

If I remember correctly, the E36 3-series BMWs got a new rear suspension
design which was much more stable and forgiving.  But the new roadsters and
coupes got the old E30 rear suspension design because there wasn't enough
space to fit the E36 rear suspension.  This is why an M Roadster or Coupe is
less predictable and less forgiving than an M3.

Brad Burns