spin control and laying blame

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: spin control and laying blame
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:44:50 -0600
Mark wrote>>
I'm sure everyone thinks I'm a wus and whiner or whatever, but bottom line
I don't think it should be possible to hit something if you make a
mistake in an autox.  Now, if I make a mistake, don't bail out and try to
save it and then smack something, its my fault.  If I make a mistake,
spin, and hit something, that's the course designer's fault.

I don't care much about speed and agree with what a few folks have written
regarding safe high speed courses.  Bottom line, in my mind, is that a
course isn't safe unless a driver can make a mistake (while on line) and
slide or spin to a halt without hitting something.  That isn't the only
factor, but its a pretty major one.  A driver should have to make at
least two mistakes (start to spin and try to save it when they should give
it up, etc.) to hit something.  If your lot doesn't allow that, then find
a different lot.

Totally MHO I realize.

If you lose it, it's your fault. Period.  If you walked the course and then
subsequently hit something, it's your fault, period!  Not anyone else's,
just yours.  You did it.

James Rogerson, not quite as opinionated as his brother.

BSP - 240Z; EM - SPL311RX7
Affiliations:  Team Laughing Stock #18; Old Fartz #86; Techless Enginerring
Nails are Glue, Tape is welding!
 ĄSi no desea trabajar, vaya se!
  http://www.ptra.com/jwalter