Re: Course design/speed limits

To: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:29:36 -0800
Scott & Glenda Meyers wrote:
> A friend in a Neon relayed to me after this SD event that he entered at least
> one corner at 75+ mph, and he's not one of the faster drivers - going to
> relevance here, not commenting on his ability   :-)

While I do think that the SD NT was atypically fast, I don't believe for
a second that any Neons were doing over 75mph.

Standard posturing, claiming speeds higher than they were.  Anyone
remember the old Wendover permanent course?  I was only barely mid-80s
in my CM car (I know, that was top speed, rev-limiter in top gear) and
lots of people were saying they were at over 100.  Didn't believe that,
and I don't believe that Neons were over 75 at SD.  70, maybe.

I *do* believe that lots of faster cars were into the upper 70s and 80s
though, and I'd guess that the *very* fastest cars might have reached
90.  In CM, we only reached mid-80s.

Josh