RE: National caliber cars have A/C

To: "Chris Shenefield" <shenec@ohinter.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: National caliber cars have A/C
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:03:31 -0600
> I am tying to decide whether to get a car without A/C, but it will be my
> daily driver.  I am a very serious autox'er at this point; so base your
> replies on all-out auto-x performance.  I know the answer to this in
> theoretical terms, but maybe somebody has real-world experience.

My car (NOT ME, ever) was a national champion in 89.  It has A/C.  Since the
owner was a dealer, I assume that he had the option of getting it without it
and decided that it didn't matter.

Are you that close to the thin line between the trophies that it would
matter to you more than the comfort level of having it in your daily driver?