Re: SP Turbo's

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: SP Turbo's
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:24:39 -0800
TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> I want to add that I believe the proposed SP turbo exhaust limitations are
> just the ticket for balancing the scales with the NA vehicles.

Once again, Mr. Sipe manages to fabricate a problem where it has not
been shown that one exists. As has become very clear from earlier
discussion on this subject, the Supra is badly misclassed. So reclass it
already. But leave the rules alone!

>  Maybe you'll
> remember my Team.net post of a letter sent to the SEB proposing some type of
> limitation (let the stone-throwing resume) for turbo vehicles.

For which there is no broad-based foundation in competitive results.

>  In later
> discussions this exact same turbo exhaust limitation is what several
> competitors and myself concluded would be the answer.

Well, it's not yet etched in stone. And you can bet your ass my letter's
going in the mail tomorrow.

> The fact that the SPAC came up with the same idea independently is a
> validation of the proposed change IMO.

No it's not. It's one pass at a "solution" to an imaginary "problem." I
asked the question in an earlier post: which SP class has been dominated
by a turbo car just because it had the turbo? If the only answer you can
come up with is an SS car that runs in an SP class with a softer PAX
than it had in Stock, then I claim you haven't even remotely made a
case.

Reclass the Supra, the same way you'd reclass an NA car that was a clear
ringer. But stop screwing with SP. It works, for gosh sakes, and the
real risk is that it may NOT work after all the tampering is done.

Jay "no turbo on my SP car, and no torque either, but I'm still in ASP"
Mitchell