Re: Today's Tour Tidbits Three / Classing Q

To: <bluemr2@juno.com>, <randyc2@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Today's Tour Tidbits Three / Classing Q
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 12:02:33 -0600
> I thought 94-95 MR2s were not stock class legal as there were less than
>1000 made?  My '98 rule book does not specify '91-'93 only, but I thought
>that the 1000 car rule prevent '94+ from running in stock?  Has this
>changed in '99?

Since there were no major changes to the cars from the 93 models, they
pretty much fall under the 'MR2 Turbo' classification.  The 1000 car rule
states "Cars not specifically listed in Stock category classes must have
been produced in quantities of at least 1000 in a 12 month period to be
entered in the Stock category."  Since the MR2 Turbo was already classed,
the rule doesn't apply here.

 David Hawkins
93 Mr2 Turbo
85 Mr2