RE: New car classifications

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: New car classifications
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:51:56 -0600

> If the ACR wasn't there, I woulda been stuck with the dorky
> looking (sorry
> Eric) R/T only, or bought a different small car (cavalier,
> escort, etc.)
> in that price range.  Wouldn't have bought a japanese import
> 'cause I'm an
> american car bigot somewhat and they all cost $4k more 'cause
> they're made
> in a different country.

This cracks me up, especially, since a lot of "American" cars aren't built
in the U.S. and a lot of "imports" are built in the U.S. (Mitsubishi
Eclipse, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Trucks, Toyota Corola, Honda Accord, BMW Z3,
MB M-class, .....)

The Z28, all american muscle car is built in Canada (check the sticker) and
the Ford Crown Victoria is built in Mexico, neither is considered a domestic
automobile based on U.S. content. They get around that by saying they have
over 75% North American content, still not U.S., so be careful with how
biggotted you are about driving an "American Car".

Might have bought a different import if I