Re: older cars in stock

To: Justin Hughes <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: older cars in stock
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:15:59 -0700
Justin Hughes wrote:

[snip]

> Of course, it would be highly impractical to determine a base point value
> for not just every BMW (a difficult task in itself), but every car of ANY
> kind that MIGHT just happen to come to a Solo II event someday.  A point
> system doesn't let you say "all RWD Pick-up trucks Not Otherwise Classified"
> in HS - they all have to be given a point value.  I bring up this system not
> to suggest it as a replacement for the current SCCA class system, but to
> show how someone else does it and see what everyone has to say. :)

Good point. Many Porsche Club regions use the same (or similar)
principle. But to do it for one marque, that has a very limited number
of models, is if not trivial then at least doable. To do so for every
model from every marque would not only be practically impossible, but
the rule book would likely be the size of the Manhattan phone book in
order to accommodate all of the possible combinations and permutations
of all these cars.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/