GCR & F500 Questions

To: autox@autox.team.net, jschmidt@kumc.edu, Brian.Meyer@Wichita.BOEING.com
Subject: GCR & F500 Questions
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:14:58 -0600
Hello list-
I have recently been pondering about the F-500 cars. The solo rulebook is
rather bare concerning specs/rules and says refer to current GCR book. Is the
GCR on the web or must it be purchased? And if it must be purchased, how much
is it?
If there are any F-500 experts out there, I have a question. Do some
F-440/F-500 cars have a rear suspension yet some do not? And how does the GCR
address suspension updates? What are good and bad years and brands of cars? It
seems like the Red Devils do pretty well in solo , but you need a KBS to do
well in road racing. I am not interested in road racing, as I would never be
able to afford it. I am mainly interested in the used F-500s I keep seeing for
sale between $1500 & $4500. TIA
Bill Schmidt currently CS RX7 KC Region