Re: Tread Depth

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tread Depth
From: BobTunnell@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:58:32 EST

In a fit of... no, wait... that was the last one.  <ahem>  Eric Linnoff asked:

>Hey any club racers out there.

>What's the SCCA Club Racing rule regarding tread depth?

>Is it similar to the Solo2 rule in that there "must be measurable
>tread depth"?

Nope.  The GCR doesn't discuss tread depth.

There are restrictions on sizes (unlike Solo II rules), availability,
recapping, and regrooving, but that's about it.  I guess they just assume as a
driver you might want to finish a session or race without throwing sparks and
will start with enough tread to do so. <g>

Its GCR sec. 12.1.3.E.6 if you want to look it up the particulars.

--BT