Re: Low buck car - RX-7

To: Racer---X <Racer---X@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Low buck car - RX-7
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:56:10 -0700
Racer---X wrote:

> If you really want the most bang for the buck, go find a decent 1st
> generation Mazda RX-7, 1981-1985 is the best bet. Low inital cost, very
> cheap to maintain, a BLAST to drive, parts are fairly cheap, lots of go-fast
> goodies available, rear-wheel drive, a 7000RPM redline (8000 is safe), what
> else can I say? Best car for the money, hands down.
>
>         Michael Karp

I agree with Mike - most fun to drive, does a great drift, posi in many models
(GSL & GSL-SE).

Watch out for those with really loose steering; the steering column and box
are all one piece, and parts to fix are very hard to come by.

Would make a GREAT D Stock autocrosser   ;-)    !!!!!!!

Scott Meyers