Re: course memorizing

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: course memorizing
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:55:53 EST
lollipop@ricochet.net writes:

> This kind of thinking is what can chase away a lot of drivers who might
> otherwise
>  feel welcome. I know for a period of time here, our course designers
> delighted in
>  screwing the big cars, so much so that they formed their own group, and we
>  lost...in the long run.  According to the rules, isn't there a minimum gate
>  width? Something like 12-15 feet?--Pat Kelly

Hi Pat,

I think there's a minimum gate width rule and this series I described did
conform to the rules.  I never realized there was such an attitude against the
bigger cars.  Course designers really have a tough job.  Politically they lose
with the big cars if it's a tight course and they lose with the small low hp
guys if it's too open.

The bigger cars run fast in our region by index.  Many of the top season
points finishers have FS or the like size and hp or more (like RIck Ruth in
CP).

Jim