Re: Student Project

To: Gemery@aol.com
Subject: Re: Student Project
From: Shawn Mahaney <shawnekk@mail.ic.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:35:47 -0500
At 03:50 PM 3/3/99 EST, you wrote:
>Shawn Mahaney <shawnekk@mail.ic.net> wrote:
>>It's not much of a competetive issue since FSAE cars are seriously
>>underpowered compared to the unlimited A-Mod cars.
>
>I agree with everything Shawn wrote, except the above.  The UT SAE cars as run
>at Nationals sure seemed to have plenty of acceleration!   Where SAE cars
>don't match current AM cars is the lack of wings and that is what the extra HP
>of a fully prepared AM car is used for.  If current AM cars didn't have wings,
>then they'd only need 100 HP instead of 200+.

But FSAE cars do have wings!  (At least, the good ones do).

The only catch is that the wing set must fit inside the total track, to the
edges of the tires.

Shawn Mahaney                          / (=) \         Exonero
Project Engineer               __     ,=_.-._=.     __
EKK, Inc., Walled Lake, MI    |  |---|<|     |>|---|  |   Ergo
http://ic.net/~ekk            |  |    \ \   / /    |  |