Hooked on Phonics (was Intro and Questions)

To: "James A. Crider" <autojim@delphi.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hooked on Phonics (was Intro and Questions)
From: Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:21:07 -0800 (PST)
> I just hope Steve's not still sore I mangled his name at the Detroit
SCCA
> Awards Banquet in January.
< snip >
> Jim Crider

Not sore at all.  I did use a :) in there, but I can see that it could
have been missed.  The comment was meant to be a little light ribbing
to a fellow Detroit Regionier.  I probably should have just left it out.

Jim really didn't mangle it too badly.  In those type of situations
someone actually pronouncing my name correctly would probably catch me
off guard.  "What? Who me?"

And believe me, I've heard it ALL.  Combine it with the first name
Stephen (pronounced the same as Steven, really!) and some interesting
things have happened.

Some of my personal favorites (none of these Jim's by the way):
"Steve Creature"     (Grrrr!)
"Stephanie Counter"  (Hello, I'm a *guy*)
"Stefan Cooter"      (Yeee Haaa!!!)
"Step-in Cow-turd"   (uhh, no comment...)

AutoX content (ok I'm admittedly streching):
So, has anyone else had an interesting or particularly memorable
mispronounciation of their name in an awards banquet or while being
anounced during an event?  Or is it just me?

"Now comming to the line for his third and final run is Step-in
Cow-turd in the Barnyard Special Dodge Neon.  Ummm, what's that
smell???"

Maybe I got a little too close to that Wisconsin car?  :) :) :)

--
Steve Couture (rhymes with 'future')
"Detroit - home of the pothole slalom.  Autocross every day!"