RE:That 1,000 number again...

To: Autox List <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:That 1,000 number again...
From: Cliff Loh <vcmc001@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:55:37 -0800
washburn <washburn@dwave.net> wrote

>Joshua Hadler wrote:
>>
>>         So my question, do models made for North America (Canada + USA) count
>> in the 1,000 rule? Or is it strictly USA?
>>
>Hey Josh 2.  At first glance, I would say that since the Stock legal car
>must be sold in the U.S. to be eligible, then it would mean that the
>1000 rule would apply likewise.  After reading it a couple of times,
>however, one could pick this apart letter by letter and create some
>ambiguity.

I dunno, seems pretty clear to me that only cars sold in the U.S. are
eligible.  If the car is Canadian spec, don't even try to enter it in
a Tour, Div, Pro or Nationals.  You'll get reclassed into A-Mod or
something for having the mandatory daytime running lights or
non-motorized seatbelts.  But for most regions close to the 49th
parallel, Canadians are welcome to compete in the proper classes, and
vice versa.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing