Re: Newbie: SOLO I/SOLO II, RX-7 and CS, Tire life

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ares-1@erols.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie: SOLO I/SOLO II, RX-7 and CS, Tire life
From: rikracer <rikracer@cwix.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:45:56 -0800

In a message dated 99-02-27 11:22:57 EST, ares-1@erols.com writes:

<< What is the difference between SOLO I and II?  Am I correct
in guessing from the web site that I would be going to SOLO II?  So clue
less on this stuff.  >>

<Solo II is slower speed, on parking lots, airport runways and taxiways,
etc.
Solo I is still one at a time against the clock, but at higher speeds,
usually
on racetracks.  The safety requirements are more stringent in Solo I.>

Actually it depends on the region.  Solo I in Las Vegas and San Diego (I'm
in CalClub but we don't have a Solo I program, go figure) runs their Solo
I's as a run group with their regional races.  So you are on course with
other cars, but with no racing allowed and very limited passing (in
straights only, to the left only).  Get usually 3 20 minute sessions, your
best lap time is what you get.  Lots of fun with virtually no paint swapping
:-))  Good by itself or as a stepping stone to club racing.

Rick Brown
GT2/AP 240Z