Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:05:44 -0500

> Dennis wrote:

> and more or less trivial stuff like "Aren't
> your wheels two inches wider than they're supposed to be?" or
> "Did your car REALLY come stock with a nitrous bottle?" and
> other things in between.

For the record, despite my somewhat liberal attitude towards rules
interpretation (I won't protest unless I think an illegal modification is
actually effective), I don't think that either of those two examples you gave
are in the "trivial" catagory.

Yes, I know you don't think so either. :) I just wonder sometimes if my rather
hard line on silly protests occasionally looks more like pro-cheating. :(

REAL cheaters, as per your examples:

> like forging factory TSBs to make it look like your
> non-original gears are legal)

...deserve to be nailed to the wall. For the record. Just in case anyone was
unclear on my position there.

>> and that the rules structure may in some way encourage the
>> weenies to me is just plain wrong.

> The rules structure is neutral w/r/t/ weenies.

I don't agree. I think there are aspects of the way our rules are written that
tend to encourage weenieness. this is that whole "Prussian vs Bohemian" thing
from a while back.

I'm not going to drag that discussion up again. Let's just agree to disagree. ;)
For those that may actually care (is there anyone?) I refer you to the archives.

Say, Jay, this is starting to look like we kinda agree on something. Howd'ya
think THAT happened? :)

DG