Re: Neon paint

To: Shawn Mahaney <shawnekk@mail.ic.net>
Subject: Re: Neon paint
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:25:33 -0600
Shawn Mahaney wrote:

> Anybody have that number?  I'll check the head before I call about
> the way my '95 is shedding its paint.

I had the peeling paint problem on my '95 also.  Started peeling off the
roof area. I took it in, and caught the knowing look on the guys face
when he saw it.  I bought the car thrid hand, and the warranty was
expired.  I told the dealer, who also provides some sponsorship help, to
let the Chrysler guys know that it is an ACR that is used in Solo
competition, and it would be appearing at Nationals later in the year.
They called me back in two days.  I took it in and they re-painted the
roof, gratas.

Paint de-lamination is a common problem on some of the early models, and
they are well aware of it.  Not a problem on leter cars.  You should be
able to convince them to take care of it.  One case where the
competition side of things actually helped me at the dealer.  Good luck.

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese