Re: sp changes in fast track

Subject: Re: sp changes in fast track
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:29:00 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Jay Mitchell wrote:
> And JUST MAYBE it's people like YOU who fail to understand the very real
> and negative long-term possibilities of more poorly-worded and
> nonspecific rrules.

I actually agree with you there.  I don't think anyone is horribly well
served by the change.

Personally I think that just letting it be known that surge tanks were ok
(i.e., uphold the protest and don't do anything else) or changing the
rules to be something like "fueling systems are unrestricted up to the
entry into the engine compartment provided these safety guidelines are
met" would both have been better solutions.

It seems to my fairly uneducated and non-historied eye that the rules
makers tried to force people to change stuff they already had and think
they have a right to.  And that typically just causes problems for
everyone because outside of saying something like "you can't change the
stock fueling system", you can't really have it be enforceable without a
fight.

Mark