RE: sp changes in fast track

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sp changes in fast track
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:01:58 -0700
Not to throw any fuel on the fire (sorry couldn't help it), but when working
with fluids, anything can be a reservoir. I know when flow is measured for
natural gas, the diameter of the line is critical. If it is too small the
reservoir of fuel is not large enough. Could this be the same for a car. Of
course it may look silly to have that 4" diameter fuel line running along
the frame, but a line is a line. It might be that fuel line diameter will
need to be restricted in the future.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster (with little bitty fuel lines)

> "Fuel lines and pumps are unrestricted AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT
> POSE A SAFETY HAZARD." (emphasis mine). If additional

Yes.  FUEL LINES.  Not reservoirs, de-embolizers, etc.  FUEL LINES.
A fuel line is a conduit through which fuel moves on its way from
one place to another.  To interpret "fuel line" as inclusive of
"reservoir" when the latter is a separate, distinct component
seems farfetched to me.  Do we have to define simple terms to
keep them from being extrapolated?  What's next, shock absorber?
Spring?  Brake pad?  Wheel?