What rate for coilovers on 92-96 Honda Prelude?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: What rate for coilovers on 92-96 Honda Prelude?
From: Ed Sawyer <sawyer@waterville.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:39:56 -0500
HI folks,

A question for those with 92-96 Preludes that have coil-overs: I am going
to switch to these (probably ground controls), but wanted to get some
feedback on what other people are using for spring rates front and rear.
The car in my application will be a cross between street and road course
use, but I'd rather lean a bit more towards the track side of things if
need be. (eg. a bit on the stiff side.) These will be combined with some
revalved (stiffer than normal) Koni singles.

Generally the consensus seems to be stiffer in the rear than front to dial
in a bit of oversteer. Other suspension components include LIghtspeed
anti-sway bars, and 225/50/15 Kumhos on the stock wheels.

thanks in advance for any advice or wisdom!

-Ed Sawyer
sawyer@waterville.com