Re: Jeff Gordon

Subject: Re: Jeff Gordon
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:14:15 -0500
>They asked him what he thought various drivers.  His response to Gordon
>was "He's got a lot of money".  After being asked for his serious
>response, he again said "He's got a lot of money."
>
>I lost any respect for him right there.  I dunno much about how Gordon got
>to where he is (didn't daddy buy him rides?), but there's no questioning
>that he's at the top of the Nascar game when it comes to driving.

If you started racing before you could walk, you'd be that good also.
Seriously, I think he started carting at age 8, and probably has more racing
experience than most of the NASCAR vets out there!  No, no, I'm not a Gordon
fan, by a long shot, but if he dumped Chevy and started driving a Ford, well
I could change my mind. :-)

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779