D Prepared Head Use

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: D Prepared Head Use
From: "Kendall F Jones" <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:02:45 -0500
When we last left this conversation, the Imbeaus had delivered a very
reasonable (and believable) explination on how that 11 bolt head got on
their Midget.  I apologize for judging them with my "wild accusations"....
Most people who cheat will claim ignorance when confronted, you guys
_really_ didn't know what was going on (not a dig, just the truth).

Anyway, it would be unsportsmanlike for me NOT to respond.  I have looked
through the SOLO II rulebook, the PCS, and GT rulebook and I cannot find
ANYWHERE where addition or removal of head bolts is allowed. period.  You
cannot run an 11 bolt head in a midget.  I also find it very difficult to
believe your getting 150-160 hp out of that motor.  Do you have a A+ block?
(which is legal, I want one....)  What in god's name cam are you using?  I
met a guy with a F prod sprite who was getting _almost_ 150 hp, his
powerband was from 8000-8500 (all cam & peaky baby).

If anyone can find documentation on allowance of additional head bolts -
please let me know.  Mr Bollinger (you know, the REALLY fast guy) & I were
discussing this mid season last year, we both thought it wasn't legal...

This is also FYI for all them hotfoot CRX drivers (get it?  I tell you
what's not legal on a sprite, and you tell me what's illegal on a honda...)

Kendall Jones
29 DP - lucky 13 @ nat's