Re: Schroth belts

Subject: Re: Schroth belts
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:58:45 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Dale Botkin wrote:
> While we're on the topic of harnesses in Stock class, is anyone using a
> Schroth Rallye 4?
>
> Though a bit pricey, this looks like a good solution for me, since it
> beats the stock lap/shoulder belt and does not require any new holes or a
> roll bar.  My question is whether I can retain the stock driver's belt
> with the Schroth harness in place.  I don't want to have to wear a 4-point
> while street driving, and I'd rather not swap out belts for racing.

I'm pretty sure that's what I've got.  Mine has two tail straps that
attach to the rear seat belt mounts and attach to the harness with a clip
type buckle, makin gan 'x' looking thing.  The front mount points are the
stock seatbelt locations again, and the staock seatbelts can stay in place
and be used when on the street.

Irritating things about the schroth harnes are that its 2" wide instead of
3", so it sinks down into your body more.  It also, on a neon, is a bit of
a struggle to get the right side front harness lap belt up between the
seat and the center console (only applies if you pull the harness outta
the way for the street).

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.  If I was gonna do it again,
I'd look at what it'd take to adapt a Simpson or whatever 3" system, but
the ability to dissasemble the harness and tuck it outta the way is pretty
handy and I wouldn't want to give that up.

Mark