Re: Electric Impact Wrenches

To: richj50@bit-net.com
Subject: Re: Electric Impact Wrenches
From: Alan Pozner <apozner@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:45:59 -0500
richj50@bit-net.com wrote:

> Has anyone had any success with using an electric impact wrench to mount
> and unmount wheels in the pits?  I don't know about ones that work off the
> lighter, but what about ones that run off 120V wall current that you could
> run with a converter box hooked up to the lighter?  I might be hesitant to
> use any impact to tighten lugs, but it would be great to remove the wheels
> and spin the lugs most of the way on.  Any recommendations?
>
> Rich "lazy" Johnston
> 95 Z28 ESP

Rich,

While I use a torque wrench to get them started I use a variable speed
cordless drill for most of the lug nut operation. Even though its
powerful and the clutch is turned all the way up its still not close to
the 80 ft/lbs I need. But it makes the operation a whole lot quicker.

Alan "lazy and fat" Pozner
'93 ES delSol