Re: Clutch cyl sleeve

To: "alpines-digest@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch cyl sleeve
From: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:16:39 -0700
phil wrote:

>The clutch master cylinder on my Ser III is suffering from a small area of
>surface pitting which allows enough fluid bypass so that I do not get full
>disengagement.
>Honing has not done much.

Never use a brake hone or any kind of hone in the aluminum cylinders
(and steel for that matter). The seals are ruined by the rough surface,
the bores need to be "polished"....Not Honed.
Have you tried to buy a new one? A lot of suppliers still sell them.

--
Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)
(Where we had the brains and not just the wind to make flight possible!)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: