May Driving event

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: May Driving event
From: Eric <ejmwdesign@covad.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:18:04 -0800
Listen up everybody.

I post this invite every year and while no one has come from this group
in the past hope springs eternal that more than One Tiger that drives
down from San Francisco and myself will make the Alpine and Tiger
presence know.

The SoCal TT May 2005

What it is is a two day romp over some of Southern California's best
backroads and byways as well as a great opportunity to see how well
last winters mods and repairs are shaking out as well as have some fun
with like-minded  car enthusiasts.

It takes place over a Sunday Monday and we drive up the Angeles Crest
Highway form LA.  We stop in Arrowhead for lunch and then continue on
through Big bear and on to Jucca Valley where we spend the night in a
cool old hotel with a hot tub and heated pool.  A warm meal a few beers
and a good nights rest and we take of Monday am and head on down
through Joshua Tree NM , through Idlewyld  and all over god creation in
The back roads of socal and return to LA for an awards banquet and
dinner.

It's the type of thing lifelong memories are made of and having done it
three times for the car event and three times for the Motorcycle event
I can safely say that even the two times I broke down outside of Borego
Springs I still had the time of my life.

Here's a link to the SoCalTT website.: http://www.socaltt.com/

There's even a few shots of my serII there as well as a QuickTime movie
from the 2003 rally.  (I sped up the Video for effect)

I hope some of you will come it's great fun and like I said it'd be
great to see more Rootes products in the group.

Thanks

Eric
'62 SerII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: