Re: Time to rebuild my Alpine carbs

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time to rebuild my Alpine carbs
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:57:35 EDT
In addition to installing complete rebuild kits (including new diaphragms), I
recommend new throttle shafts.  I had planned to replace the shafts and the
bushings just before SUNI IV.  However, one of the bushings refused to budge.
Time was running short, so I measured the wear on the old shafts - around .004
on both!!  I fit the new shafts into the old bushings - veeeery close to a
perfect fit.  The carbs run great for the first time.

Also, use Grose Jets if you can find 'em.  They last forever (well, 100K+ on
mine). SS hasn't been able to get any for quite awhile, but there must be a
few floating around somewhere.

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

In a message dated 9/13/04 9:51:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,