Re: [Looking for 25-SPLINE yoke]

To: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>,
Subject: Re: [Looking for 25-SPLINE yoke]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:03:18 -0400
I am SURE that a Plymouth Cricket yoke will NOT fit.  The transmission and
clutch and all of the mechanical components are totally different.  The throw
out bearing arm on a Cricket rotates on a ball joint type of setup and snaps
in place and pivots from the far side of the clutch shaft (as opposed to
pivoting between the clutch shaft and operating rod on a Series V Alpine).
The throw out bearing itself is a ball type as opposed to a carbon ring.  In
addition, the clutch shaft itself and the bell (clutch) housing for a '69 or
later Alpine GT/Alpine fastback is longer then the Series I-V Alpine.  This
puts the gearshift lever almost in the back seat, and as the fastback has a
tilted engine, the lever also would lay a little over on the side!

Hope that all helps somewhat.

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC convertible
1973 Plymouth Cricket (maybe the last '73 still in existence)

"Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov> wrote:

Can anyone help Gary?