1961 Humber Super Snipe for sale

To: <hillman@can-inc.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1961 Humber Super Snipe for sale
From: "Jon A." <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 12:00:07 -0500
Sorry to bomb the list, but you folk are the most likely to truly appreciate
this car.

As much as it pains me, I've decided I need to do a little shuffling of my car
collection. My goal is still one vehicle to represent each marque in the
Rootes Group, but as I presently have 2 Humbers, one must go to make room. Of
course, in my usual manner, I'm keeping the car that needs the most work! Wish
I'd learn to do it the other way around.

The car in question is an Embassy Black 1961 Series III Super Snipe saloon.
Red leather interior, options include Reutter reclining front seats, automatic
trans, and power steering. 3 liter hemi-head 6 cylinder, runs and drives like
a champ. Drove it from Nebraska to Ohio and back for the first Sunbeam
Invasion. Have a large stack of receipts from all previous owners, including
copy of original British reg document. (Car was a European delivery, then
shipped back to the US)

Body restoration performed in the 80s, stored indoors most of it's life since.
Auto trans rebuilt about 8 years ago. Brakes completely rebuilt shortly after
that. Needs some interior trim work - carpets and a couple panels replaced in
the upholstery, and windscreen rubbers. (that have finally been reproduced by
the Post Vintage Humber Car Club in the UK.) All in all, a presentable car,
not concours, but with the patina that I, for one, love about these cars.

I'm asking $2500.00 US, but will consider offers, particularly from a true
enthusiast.

Thank you for your consideration,

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA