Re: [OT] New spamming technique.

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [OT] New spamming technique.
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:55:29 EST
Does this spamming technique affect only people using Outlook, or do people
using AOL also have to worry about opening email?   Is the Alpine list
affected at all?

DS

Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA writes:

<< Like all of I get the usual assortment of spam, 10 to 15 a day. Several
months ago I started the habit of looking in the list of new mail and before
opening, deleting anything that originated from someone I didn't know or
whose subject line made it obvious enough. Then I'd go back and begin to read
what remained. I'm certain I've deleted a couple from list members but by and
large I read enough from the group to be familiar with most of your e-mail
"handles". With this and the usual assortment of anti-virus, etc software I
haven't yet been infected with anything. I probably still receive the odd one
but not even opening the e-mail (or having the preview option enabled which
opens it them)keeps me a little safer and up and running longer. >>