Re: [Re: BBC Poll/ Best Looking Car???]

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: BBC Poll/ Best Looking Car???]
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:41:23 +1100
'41 Lincolns aren't exactly thick on the ground around here so I had to do some
web browsing, I found this great site for wasting time.  Shame there aren't more
Sunbeams on it, but it's worth a look anyway if you like pre or post war
classics.

http://www.motionalmemories.com/index.html

I've always liked the Alpine style (early series in particular) and when I
thought
about Jan's  "best style in price range" comment  I'd have to agree.
Considering
it's Husky origins and the compromises involved in using components from other
Rootes cars they did well.

All time favorite?  Probably still the Ferrari 250 California, but I'm voting
Alpine anyway.  I must say, though, that Jaguar should probably get a
"consistent
achievers" award, for 50 years of sports cars and saloons that are only blighted
by the bloated Mark X/420G and clumsy XJS  coupe

Vic
SIII ST OD