RE: Engine Swaps in Countries Other than the USA

To: "Alex McGregor" <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>, "Thomas Wiencek"
Subject: RE: Engine Swaps in Countries Other than the USA
From: "Eddie Donovan" <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:43:13 -0400
Does not appear to be a big issue here in Ontario either. The car has to pass a
safety check and emissions check based upon the year of manufacture.
Ownership/registration has to show the number of cylinders of whatever engine
is installed. We're not allowed to bypass emissions control, such a catalytic
converter bypassed with straight pipe, but everyone does it.

Eddie Donovan (AlpineII)
Carlsbad Springs, Ontario
Series II, 1961 - B9108405 LRX - Being restored
Series II, 1961 - B9104430 ODLR - Future project
SAOCA Member