Re: Warning Light

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Warning Light
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:31:54 -0700
Brent Kasl wrote:

> I am also having intermittent problems with the S5 warning light.
> Usually it is on when the car is first started, then it goes out. But on
> occasion, including tonight, it came on during a drive and did not go
> out. The alternator has been checked, we have installed a new voltage
> regulator and warning light sender. An improper ground was mentioned
> earlier. If this was the problem, would'nt it always be on? Any ideas?
> Brent

Brent:
Not necessarily. If the ground wire is barely making contact, the movement
of the car might cause it to "jiggle" a bit to loose, and then gain a
ground. I've had this problem with various Sunbeam components on occassion.
My left front running light (same as on the Series V Alpine) on my Tiger
MK1A doesn't always go on when I turn on the lights. A slight "bang" with my
hand on the panel next to it always gets it to operate "properly". I guess
I'd better figure out how to better ground it one of these days!

Steve Sage