intake manifold

To: "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: intake manifold
From: "msmcmahon" <msmcmahon@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:35:52 -0700
I was just browsing e-bay and came across a carb and manifold set for sell. In
the description was a statement that confused me.
Here's the description;
"1 used Sunbeam Alpine dual Zenith carb, linkage and manifold set up. All
moving parts are free; the carbs will need cleaning and kits before use. The
water passage in the manifold has a 1" repairable crack in it. If you are
going for more performance the water ports in the manifold can be blocked and
there will be no need for repair."
What confused me is the 'blocking the water ports for more performance' part.
Can anybody shed some light on that for me? What are the benefits or drawbacks
to the water ports on the manifold.

Not a big deal, just learning all I can and always in search of more
performance.

Thanks,
Mike McMahon
B9005702