Intake Manifold for Series V (Zenith-Stromberg)

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake Manifold for Series V (Zenith-Stromberg)
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:14:37 -0400
Hi, all..

Well, I've finally sorted what's wrong with my intake manifold.. as I was
going thru some old Beam tech notes I found the one about using the shims on
the centre stud/clamp assy.. and that's when I realised I didn't HAVE a
centre stud/clamp assy!  I have a single short bolt securing the centre of
the manifold, but I've realised I am missing the long stud and the wide
cast-iron(?) clamp that secures the manifold (like the one I *do* have for
the exhaust manifold).

So, the question is:

Does anyone out there have one of those cast clamps that secures the #2-#3
intake ports to the motor?

(To understand what I need, see the item listed as "Clamp D - PN 1214539" in
the picture here: http://www.team.net/www/rootes/rsb/68_18.html )

I think my intake leaks are occurring because the centre bolt alone pulls a
bend in the manifold and prevents throrough sealing.  That clamp distributes
the load closer to the actual ports and gives better sealing.  If you have
one I'd gladly reimburse you.  As for the stud, I imagine I can make or buy
one of those.

Thanks all!

Regards,
Kevin McLemore