Re: Click....nothing....d**n

To: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Subject: Re: Click....nothing....d**n
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:22:57 -0500
First off Vic, let's remember this was 35 years ago, but my best
recollection has it as a clean up and brush replacement.  We replaced the
brushes simply because there was no juice flowing and everything else
appeared to be okay.  No main spring, this was a Chevy dealer and we were
doing good to get brushes.  The replacement came at about 30,000 miles and
the brushes looked good.

I think Carl is on to something.   It sure would explain what happened to
me.  The problem started by the time the car had 10-15,000 miles on it, way
before you would expect brush wear.  It also explains why rapping the
starter with the crank - oops, starting handle, would "fix" things.  Just a
little vibration to make contact.
Bill