Re: Restoration sequence

To: "Bill Tubbs" <piperbill@isp01.net>,
Subject: Re: Restoration sequence
From: "Mark Burkley" <mark@ciansystems.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:06:19 -0600
Bill-

Jerome's pages are very thorough. Its worth a look. If your interior is
shot, you can do a heck of a job without a full frame off. My recommendation
is buy a box or two of zip-lock bags, some masking tape and a magic marker.
It took me about two full days to really strip the car and I just popped
screws and components into zip locks and labeled them. Saved me later. You
may wish to consider purchasing the stainless steel screw and bolts set
mentioned on the list. I made many runs down to the local hardware and in
retrospect, it would have been nice to have it all available at once. I also
bought a great deal of nylon washers to protect the new paint and make the
job a snap because so often you have to undo and re-do an item many times
before its finally done.When the car is fairly stripped, check the harness
thoroughly before you get back into re-assembly. These harnesses car wear
and cause "funny" or annoying issues. They can also cause fire so a
preventative look through is well worth the effort. It is also a great time
to lubricate, adjust and fasten all the little things that have worn. Its
nice when doors close firmly, snuggly, and with little effort or rattle. Its
amazing what ten minutes of tinkering on a door can do. I swear the engine
runs better when the car is clean and adjusted. Can't figure that one out.
The danger is a partial so often turns into a full when you get into it.
Have patience and good luck.

Mark B